WP-Member a popular wordpress plugin launched in 2008 which is used to create paid membership sites using the wordpress system as it’s core has recentley been sold on the flippa website marketplace.
When browsing the flippa Marketplace website earlier today I stumbled upon a site which I was familar with WP-Member.com that had only just been sold for $33’500. With the premium wordpress plugin & themes market booming over the past few years the sale details of WP-Member.com has provided a small insight into the revenue and profit a premium plugin site may generate.
Financial Details for 2011
- Average Monthly Income: $3,252.84 (after paypal fees)
- Average Monthly Expenses: $422
- Average Monthly Profit: $2,830.84
- Average value per sale: $26.96
- Average Monthly Units Sold: 105
- Annual Subscriptions (Customers with recurring billing based products/services): $10591.03
- Visitor Statistics for 2011 (both sites statistics combined)
- Monthly Pageloads: 27,618
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 10,970
- Monthly Returning Visitors: 1,615